Monday, August 10, 2015

July 27, 2015- Making our prayers truly in the name of Christ

To Complete Assignment: Email Lisanne what you learned from this training.

Announcements:
We have over 800 English missionaries this week!! Be sure to be at your shift and helping out. 

I’m a disciple:
Costner- I remember being asked to share my testimony is sunday school.. I believed but I never really had a personal experience. Shortly after I had one. I was given something that was bigger than I could do on my own. I turned to Heavenly Father and said that I’ve been taught that Christ could help me with this, I don’t know how but I need it. I know that it was Christ who helped me. I’ve had many more experiences after. I’ve been changed by following him in a way that will last for eternity.

Chandler- We love him because he loved us first.. I think that’s why I’m a disciple. Looking back on my life I see everything that he has personally done for me. He was always there and because of that I love him. I could go elsewhere but I realize that there is nothing else but Jesus Christ. He has the words of eternal life. I want to do anything to help others become his friend. 

Have you noticed that we are talking a lot about keeping the sabbath holy in church?

John 17- The Great Intercessory Prayer
How does this prayer reflect the true name (or work) of Christ?

Elder Oaks video- What the name of Christ means?

Group Activity:
What does it mean to pray in the name of Jesus Christ?
Discuss from the video
Discuss from last 2 paragraphs in Bible Dictionary- Prayer
     Think- Name=Work

Read and Reflect:
John 17- The Great Intercessory Prayer
How does this prayer reflect the true name (or work) of Christ?

Activity:
Review your personal transcribed prayer
     Make notes on: What is in MY NAME? CHRIST’S NAME?
  • Discuss as a group what you learned about your prayers and prayers in general
    •      What will your learnings do to impact your personal relationship with Christ?
  • Discuss as a group how we can help missionaries live more in the name of Christ. 




No comments:

Post a Comment