Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 19, 2014-

Weekly Training Meeting
November 19, 2014


Announcements:
No Training next week
The week after that will be the last training of the semester
Tuesday is Friday classes next week- make sure you get subs if you need to


Group Thinking:

What have you learned about learning this semester?
  • Participation encourages ownership
  • It’s ok to learn in a different way than others
  • You have to have the intention of using it
  • So much of effective learning requires asking the right questions
  • Sometimes we spread the most time finding the right question
  • My learning should be used to LIFT others up
  • The learning that I want to achieve, that is to understand the mind and will of God for me and his other children, is only possible through the infinite power of the Atonement, so I better invite it.
  • You cannot be saved in ignorance
  • Environment influences it
  • there must be a need behind the learning. Also, as an agent you are accountable to create/see this need; not your professor
  • Being an agent in learning is vital
  • Learning requires faith, agency, and consecration through out
  • First I obey then I understand
  • The more I learn the more I realize I don’t know
  • Knowledge is obtained by the spirit, the spirit combined with knowledge will change hearts, minds, and the world
  • God understands perfectly the patterns of learning
  • I need to be vulnerable- no pride
  • The more you put in, the more you get out of it
  • It’s more important to embody what we are learning then to spend time talking about it
  • Practicing for the right reasons (Spirit)
  • Learning is better retained and received when it springs from the desires of the learner


What are evidences in your life that your learning and teaching has changed?
  • My missionaries rely on God more
  • my relationship with Jesus Christ looks a lot different
  • I see people differently
  • The training model becomes a principle not application
  • I am more accepting to different points of view
  • I associate with my LA roommate in a different way, by spending more time understanding her, especially her desires
  • There is more rejoicing in my classrooms as missionaries truly learn
  • The Lord shows me my weakness. Accepting and seeking help from others
  • I pray more 
  • I ask for help
  • Going from failing Chem to excelling at Chem
  • I’m more reliant on God and less reliant on my experience
  • My heart pondereth- continually on learning and teaching
  • Talk less, listen more
  • I am more comfortable going deeper with others
  • I give people the benefit of the doubt


The Plan of Salvation
-JFSmith said that we testify that the plan of salvation is the gospel of Jesus Christ
L2=L3

Gospel in the BD- Good news- Christ’s Atonement

Think about this as a group and why it is said this way.
D&C 76, 88, 138
3 Nephi 27
2 Nephi 31

2 Nephi 9

No comments:

Post a Comment